Sikkim State will be observing 4th successive Paryavaran Mahotsav, a fifteen day environment festival from 15th June to 30th June 2016.
Main event highlights are as under;
- Massive plantation drives under the State's flagship programmes viz. Smritivans, State Green Mission (11th Phase) and Ten Minutes to Earth (8th phase) on June 25
- Cleanliness drives to contemplate Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Green walk, rally, banner campaign, street plays
- Signature campaign
- Eco-competitions at schools,
- Release of Posters, Go-Green stickers, 2015 Activtiy booklet and garbage bags for vehicles
- Awareness campaigns
- Environment lectures on Low Carbon Lifestyles, wildlife and biodiversity conservation etc at various schools and colleges in the State.
Forest, Environment & Wildlife Management Department will be providing up to 15 lakhs seedlings free of cost from 15th June through seedling distribution centres set up at various locations throughout the state. The plantation will be carried out along the roadside and any vacant or degraded areas through the coordination of other government departments, NGOs, urban and local bodies, panchayats, students and local public at large.
» List of Seedling Distribution Centres [PDF, 1.41 Mb]